Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Happenings

Jackson and Joey have little fevers and sore throats and aren't feeling too well, so Ralph made the sacrifice to be the one to stay home from church with them. (I'm sure the fact that this morning was the Indy 500 had NOTHING to do with his quick agreement to be the one to stay home...). When I got to church, there was fluid dripping underneath the suburban (the suburban we just spent $725 on). The kids thought maybe it was just water from the air conditioner, and though I wasn't convinced of that, I couldn't fix it anyway so we just went about our business and went to Sunday school and worship service and even went downstairs for some awesome barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs prepared by some of the men of the church. When we got home, Ralph looked and, yep, there's either a hose or a fitting broke, he's not sure which. Well, Ralph doesn't work on cars, and sooo it looks like we will be staying here at home til we can get it into the shop, which obviously won't be tomorrow since it's a holiday. Oh well, no church for us tonight. We WERE going to go and see my parents tomorrow, and we WERE going to meet the Hoffmans at the park on Tuesday, but it looks like God has other plans for us.
This morning there was special music and Cara had a solo on one verse and it was really good. Maybe I would have videoed it for my mother, if one of my sons, who will remain nameless, hadn't ran my camera batteries dead making stop-motion animation on the computer with little Lego men. (You know who you are, Nick.) :-)
Well, Jackson would like a little love and so off I go for some rocking time.

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1