Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Famous Last Words (from me to Cara)..."I'm sure you don't have Mono"...

Man, I'm glad I took Cara to the doctor. Turns out she has Mono and a staph infection in her throat/tonsils! She is on good antibiotics for the infection and just needs rest, rest, rest for the Mono. I would have sworn she didn't have mono....Oh well, Now we know that she doesn't "just have allergies", which we have been saying all along, just couldn't c0nvince anyone to look into things more. I guess her sinus infection is better in a way, but she still has alot of "gunk" in her sinuses. Whatever that means. So anyway, under doctors orders she can sleep in as long as she wants, and can only do light duty with school work and chores, which has her all bummed out (not really). And no sparring at karate (which really does bum her out), since apparently when you have mono, your spleen is enlarged and you can't get hit hard. Actually she probably should take a few weeks off karate completely, I'm sure. Where she got mono, I have no idea. I know it wasn't from kissing boys. :-)
So other than running Cara around to doctors and CT scans, etc., I've been packing up (and cooking up) for 9 people to go camping for a week. I'm sooooo tired. One more load of last minute laundry and I can head to bed. To the Redwoods we go.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mono? Really? That girl. Oh well. Atleast you know what it is now and can hopefully get rid of it.

Jane

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1