Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peru?


When Danny was around 7 years old, he had to make a missionary folder for AWANA. At that time, he told me he was going to be a missionary. Well, that little boy grew up, and found other loves. There was the train phase, then came Jessie the love bird who we ended up calling the hate bird because he liked to bite, a few fish tanks (cumulating in his prized salt-water tank), various electronics experiments and contraptions, ham radio, and finally Physics and Engineering, and I guess forgot all about the whole missionary thing......UNTIL, one day around last October, God got ahold of his heart. Danny told me that he knew God had something for him to do, but he just didn't know what it was yet. So I prayed for him alot and he prayed alot, and soon he came to me with the idea that maybe God was calling him to Peru for a 2 year mission trip. Two years????? Was he crazy?? And before he was finished with college? But God's calls, they just don't go away, and this conviction that Danny has that this is what he is supposed to do, it's still here. So this August, provided God provides the needed funds and works out all the details, my first-born plans to go to Peru----did I mention for 2 years?

When I think of it, I can hardly stand the thought of the things we will miss having him for--2 Christmases, 2 of his and everyone else's birthdays, 2 years of his siblings growing up, Cara's graduation from high school, and so much more. (Not to mention all the things he fixes for me. Who's gonna do that?)

But I brought him up to follow Jesus and serve Him. How can I tell him I meant, you know, serve Him here where it's safe, where his family is, where you can get a burger and fries when you need them? The answer I always come back to is I can't tell him that. I want him to follow the Lord, where ever the Lord leads. And so I step back and see what God will do.

I am so proud of him and his love for the Lord and his willingness to follow Him when alot of people will say he is crazy for going. I am so scared to let him go. But I really don't have a choice, and I know in my head that the center of God's will is the safest place for him to be. I just need to convince my heart of that and we'll be set. :-)

So anyway, please pray for Danny to clearly know God's will and for God to work out all the details, as only God can.


This is Danny the day he was baptized.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahhhhh so handsome!!! We are really proud to have Danny as a nephew. Also like the new pictures posted for the kids. Just think how Moses' mom must have felt....or Hannah with Samuel. Ayeeeee a mother with a heart to trust the Lord. Ain't easy, but it is doable :-)
Love you Mama Megan.
Your sis,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

HE WAS SOOO ADORABLE!!!! Not that he's not adorable now...just in a different way.....yeah I'm gonna stop while I'm ahead with that.

Dan is such an awesome adopted big brother. He will be missed, but I'm sure God can use him in very large ways!

Jane

(And I will be right there with you and Cara worrying!)

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1