Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!!!

This has been a busy and crazy week. Our car went in the shop, Jackson got a bad cold, and of course he shared it with Cara, which isn't hard to do, and hers turned into coughing up green stuff again (sorry, yuk!) and I ended up taking Cara to the doctor again yesterday. (But God had it all worked out and I got the car back just in time to take her, and "luckily" Danny had the day off and was able to take me to get the car and then keep an eye on the other kids so I didn't have to take them all--I love watching God work things all out like that). The doctor has given her another antibiotic and we are also doing some other tests so maybe we can find out why she is always sick. I bit the bullet and took her to the doctor I love (that doesn't take insurance--I have to bill my own insurance and since he isn't in their "group", they don't cover as much) and we were there for over an hour and a half, and that is why I love that doctor. He is very thorough (and a Christian, which is very nice too). I understand why he doesn't deal with billing insurance. He called my insurance company for me to ask a question about pre-authorization on a CT scan and we sat there for a good 15-20 minutes while they jerked him around and were very rude to him. In the end, after all that, they told him we didn't need pre-authorization. I will probably get about half of what I paid for that appointment back eventually, and it was so worth it to me to feel like he really cared about Cara and she wasn't just a number to him. Oh well, I'm done rambling now. There just aren't alot of doctors I respect, but that's me. :-) Cara was just happy because he told me to let her sleep in longer in the mornings. (Teens need 10 hours of sleep, ya know).
Today I have to grocery shop for our trip and Samantha and I have eye doctor appointments. (I've just gotta break down and get some glasses so I can see to drive at night, and those words just keep getting smaller on the overhead screen at church too!) Oh, and Karate is tonight too. Tomorrow we pack, pack, pack, and also fit a CT scan and some blood work in, and some cooking for the trip, and.......well, there's more, but you get the idea.
So why am I on here? I better go get busy!

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1