Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was a special Mother's Day. My parents and Ralph's mom came up to church to celebrate with us and Joey got baptized! After church, we went downstairs to eat a nice meal that I didn't have to cook, so, yeah, it was a good day. :-)
My kids got me practical things (which I love--I'm weird like that and I got it from my Mom, cause she's like that too. That's why I got her flowers to plant and gardening gloves). They got me a big wooden planter barrel, dirt, and tomato baskets. :-) My husband gave me 2 Christian music cd's, which I love too.
Happy Mothers' Day!!!
~
She rocks her crying baby
In the hours before dawn
She whispers words of hope
To help her husband to hold on
She takes time for the children
Making sure they know she cares
She's more then just a Momma
She's the answer to their prayers
Cause you know heroes come in every shape and size
Making special sacrifices for others in their lives
No one gives them medals
The world don't know their names
But in someone's eyes they're heros just the same.
* from the song "Ordinary Heroes", by Paul Overstreet*

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1