Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had a quiet New Years Eve at home (as quiet as a family of 9 gets), watching a movie, playing games, and eating a little junk food, as usual. We always have sparkling cider and poppers (for the uninformed, those are things that you pull the string and it loudly shoots out confetti into the air) just before bed, which is usually before midnight, party animals that we are. Last night we were all in bed before 11. We figured it was already after midnight on the East Coast, so we were ok. :-)
Today we are just hanging around the house, resting and playing. And more eating.......this HAS to stop!
A new year has begun. I hope and pray this will be the year that America turns back to God. I know God can make it happen. But hearts are so hard and I try not to fear what we as a nation are becoming.
God gave me a verse this morning:
Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.
So anyway, I told the kids this morning, that we will just keep following the Lord and trying to do what He wants, and we won't worry about the rest. We'll leave it all to God, who loves us so much.
The other day I and 5 of the kids went to Walmart for them to spend their Christmas giftcards they got from Ralph's sister's family. It's always an adventure when they have some money to spend. It takes them forever to chose just the right thing. Cara spent some of her money buying a set with 2 mugs, some tea, and a tea infuser for me (an after-Christmas 50% off bargain). I told her not to, but she insisted I had to have it. Sweet girl. :-)
Oh, and guess what the kids got us for Christmas? Well, first off, they got me this really cool alarm clock--mp3 player--digital picture frame thing. Way cool, and Danny already loaded some pictures and music on it for me beforehand, knowing my ablities (or lack thereof) in that area. :-) The other thing, which they got Ralph, but benefits me too, is 2 tickets to a Kings game!! Cool, huh? I know they (the Kings) stink really bad right now, but getting to go to the game together will be fun anyways. :-) The kids really shouldn't have spent the money they did, but I am so proud of them and thankful for them!
In other news, our washing machine broke last Saturday. The repairman came but had to order a part so we are still waiting. (Praise the Lord, I bought an extended warranty so it's covered!) So this is day 6 with no washing machine. 9 people with no washing machine is no laughing matter. :-) How did my great grandmothers do it? I didn't really know them much, but they were amazing women, both raising 12 children, I think? I will have to check with my mom on the numbers, but I know they both had lots!
That's about all the rambling for now.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1