Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Friday, January 2, 2009

My Sister-in-Love, Lynn,.....

...is a really neat person to know. Her love for the Lord is contagious, she is really funny and fun, and I still haven't figured out how my brother, Scott, landed her. Well, not really, he's pretty cool too. Anyway, she sent me an email today that made me cry. With her permission, I thought I would post part of it (the part that made me cry, of course). So here goes:


"Yesterday I thought a lot about you guys and my favorite memories of the past year. Let's see.

For Danny- I loved the way he came down here and painted with Uncle Sock. He is such a godly young man. I am praying for what God has for him this coming year. I like the way he patiently explains things to me that are no brainers to him and completely over my head. Like nuclear power.

Cara- I had nice memories of her visit here. Standing in front of the Columns in front of Joannes, just laughing about the stature of it. Going to Carl's Junior, and to Home Goods, thinking someday Cara will be setting up her own home. I love the way she stands firm in Christ and is undeterred by what the world is always telling us. I just like hanging out with her.

Nick- Bless his heart to put up with Uncle Sock. I know first hand how hard Uncle Sock can work you. His poor feet were so beat up! As a reward I served the poor guy bread with no butter. Olive oil was all I had and he still said he liked it! I thought about all the things he is interested in. I like his carving and think that is really cool and I am hoping he will keep it up.

Samantha- O.K. It's gotta be the cat skirt. I love that she loves it, and that she loves animals! Then I saw the photos on your blog that showed them on baking day.....Wait???? Was that her cat skirt she had around her neck like an apron?!!! I also like the way she draws. I have been super blessed by her artwork. She has such an attention to detail.

Joey- I remembered the faces he makes. I have a few photos of those where his eyes are almost popping out of his head! I also like the way he is always reading. I think he would make a good preacher to. He tells a good story and is not afraid to laugh at himself. He cracked me up when he told me the story about stuffing his face when you went camping and just how lousy that made him feel. Trust me I have been there. All you can eat places can do that to a person.

Becca- She always makes me laugh. After we had eaten our share of stuff at Grandma's house [she] told me one day "the tank is full." I had never heard it before and it was really funny the way she said it. She is so sweet to me. I was really blessed by the fact that she bought me that angel at Awanas. I also loved the video of her singing at church. I played it over and over and over again. Oh and catching her first fish!!!! That was a good one too.

Jackson- I thought about how much he has grown over the year and remembered his 3rd birthday and trying to figure out which way he should play his new guitar. He amazes me how he jams around doing his own thing seemingly oblivious to the rest of us and then there he is calling out all of our names!!!!! He is really putting sentences together, and is a little love bug.

Ralphie and Megan-
My favorite couple in the whole world! Ralphie with his sense of humor always cracks me up. And this year's favorite memory is him actually smiling in a photo, so now I have a good picture of my favorite couple. Megan....the sister I never had. She is so patient and so giving and such a fantastic mother and wonderful friend all rolled into one. My favorite memory is her staying up late after the kids are in bed and having already put in a FULL day, working on the doll house for her girls. A true labor of love!!!!

Well that's my story and I am sticking to it........


Love you all!!!!
Lynn"

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1