Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Ultimate Smackdown!

Yesterday, Ralph, Danny, Cara, Nick, and Samantha (along with Nathaniel) went to Manteca for a Karate Tournament--The Ultimate Smackdown. Danny entered 4 events. He brought home 2 First place trophies, and 2 Second place trophies. Ok, so there wasn't alot of participation in a couple of his events, but still, something to be proud of. Now, why do they make those trophies so big? Where are they gonna go in this house? No pictures of the tournament, the family forgot the camera, but I'm pretty sure Nathaniel (who brought home a trophy too for the event he entered), took about 6 million of them, so maybe he will send me a couple.
In one sparring event, Danny got his nose cut and it started bleeding. So they had to stop til it was taken care of. Their description of the first aid lady was really funny; I'm sure I can't describe her like they did. But I guess she had all kinds of stuff hanging off her including this huge fanny pack with a billion things in it, except small bandaids. She was searching and searching for something to put on Danny's nose and finally pulls out some gauze and holds it on his nose with one hand while she keeps searching in her pack for a bandaid with the other. Then, one of the judges said, "Uh, I think he can hold his own gauze on his nose."
"Oh, yeah, the lady says, you can hold your own gauze, then I can have two hands to search." She never found any bandaids, so she pulled out scotch tape and taped the gauze on his nose and kept searching for a bandaid. Finally, a judge said, "Why don't we just see if it's done bleeding," and ripped the tape off. It was done, so they finished the sparring match. Kinda silla for a first aid person not to have any regular bandaids.
One girl got her nose broke in a sparring match, which makes me rethink having my girls in karate. Cara said, "You don't care if the boys get their noses broke?" Well......I do, just not as much as if one of the girls would. Oh well, I'll just pray no one gets their nose broke. Or anything else for that matter!
Well, gotta get this family ready for church.
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HUGE trophies, way to go Danny, miss you so much.

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1