Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day


to my dad, who is a wonderful example of a Christian husband, father, and grandfather. He is patient and kind, loves and looks after his family, and serves the Lord. He made sure we went to church and learned about Jesus. And I can always remember him serving in the church. When I was a kid, my dad would go out every Saturday for our church's bus route and see if the regulars were coming to Sunday School the next day, and invite new kids to come. Many times I went with him. I was pretty shy and didn't enjoy talking to people I didn't know, so I guess I just went so I could spend time with my Dad. He didn't have to give up part of his Saturdays like that, and he probably would have rather been golfing, but he had a heart for those kids and wanted them to come to church so they could come to know Jesus. Now, that's a real man.
I thank God for giving me the dad he did.
I love you, Daddy.

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1