Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

We're still alive, just busy!

Life has been so busy in the Houseful of Blessings. I can't even remember all the stuff we've done, but I thought I would just list a few..

Last Saturday, the kids (Danny, Cara, Nick, Samantha, & Joey) all had their belt tests for karate. They had to perform their katas, spar, and know some other stuff. There were about 25 people who tested, so it was a busy day.

Wednesday, Ralph's mom got out of rehab, and she agreed that it would be a good idea for someone to stay with her for a few days, just til she gets back on her feet a bit more. Cara sweetly volunteered to take her school work down and be with Omi. So I was supposed to take her down to Citrus Heights, but of course, life is never that easy, and it was snowing like crazy when Ralph left for work, so he had to take the suburban. So, he got off work early (no work anyway) and came home and we all went down for a short visit and to deliver Cara (yes, that was two trips to Sacto in one day for my husband). Gerda is looking a little better every day, and as independent as she is, I'm sure she won't want Cara for long. Which is just as well, cause I already miss my girl!

Today, the kids and I went down to Elk Grove to visit my parents. It has just been way too long since we have seen them, maybe not since Christmas?, and so we just needed to do that. Sis-in-love, Lynn, came over too, and the kids roped her into some rousing games of Uno and Catch Phrase. Mom and Dad treated us to a delicious lunch of Kentucky Fried Chicken and homemade chocolate cupcakes, and it was just a nice visit.

Then, we had to come home, get ready, and head to karate. Tonight was the belt promotion night (which Cara missed, but she'll get hers next week), and we did take some pictures. Not good pictures, but I guess I'll post a few anyway:
Here is Joey getting his yellow belt


Samantha after she got her yellow belt on (not that you can see her face through all that hair....grrr....)
Nick getting his purple belt


Danny putting his purple belt on


The class with their new belts
I'm tired! Goin' to bed!

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1