Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Please Don't Follow ME

I probably should just keep my mouth shut. But, hey, this is my blog so here goes...
We have these sweat shirts at church that I just don't get. The front has the church's name and logo, and that's great. The back says "Lost? Follow Me". Huh?
Let me tell you about myself. I am a dirty, rotten sinner. I have a temper sometimes (ask my kids.....wait, don't ask), I get lazy, I can spend too much time on the computer when I have other stuff I should be doing, I can be selfish, I can be judgemental at times, I struggle to hear God's clear calling sometimes, I need to spend more time in the Word, and the list goes on and on. The only good thing that I have going, the only good in me, is JESUS. If you see any good in me, and sometimes I know you have to look hard, it is Jesus.
So please, don't follow me. I guess the point is the reader of the shirt is supposed to follow the "me" wearing the shirt to my church? I'm not really sure? I wish the shirts said "Follow Jesus", or if it has to have the words "Follow me," how about "Follow me to the cross", or even "Follow me to the feet of Jesus".
Jesus, the God of the universe, Almighty God, came down in the form of a humble man and took on all my sins (and yours too) on the cross and three days later rose again so I could be forgiven and live with him forever. It is His free gift.

So please, Follow Jesus!

2 comments:

Cara said...

AMEN!

:)

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1