Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nick's Toe

On Monday, I took Nick in to get his ingrown toenail fixed. So we went into the doctor's office and were waiting for him when Nick looked down and chuckled. On the floor, right next to the doctor's chair, was a dremel tool, complete with a grinding attachment, all plugged in and ready to go. We were both thinking, he's not using that, is he? It reminded us of the Jack-in-the-Box commercial where the doctor used a glue gun on Jack's head, and we just thought it was funny. I told Nick, "If he comes in here and picks up the dremel, we are OUT of here!" But he didn't, so it was all ok. He cut the nail on both sides, and put something there that is supposed to make it never grow back. So that's that. I did take a picture of Nick's toe all bandaged up, but the boys (Nick and Danny) told me that was just too gross to post. ("Mom, your weird!").
And I decided they were right.
While the doctor was fixing Nick's toe, he started asking me questions about homeschooling. I was all relaxed and answering his questions, until he mentioned he was on the school board. Then I got all intimidated, but it was fine. He was really nice. He even offered me to bring Cara in for a field trip to just observe stuff. Cool, huh?

2 comments:

Cara said...

I would have posted the picture! :) After all, what's life without a little weirdness?

p.s. I WANT MY TONSELS PULLED!

:(

Anonymous said...

I wanna see the picture! lol The doc so should have picked up the dremel!

I'm sorry dearest! I do hope you get them pulled!

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1