Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This and That

This morning I have been crafting with my littles. Tonight is Goofy Glasses Night at AWANA, and so of course they must have goofy glasses. I seriously thought about going to the Dollar store and trying to find some, because I am lazy and not very crafty (and we have to go to town anyway), but then I thought again. I mean, $3 for glasses isn't really alot, BUT teaching them to make do with what we have is something that I think is important these days. Besides, just because I don't like to do crafts, they do, and so I have to do that kind of stuff with them once in a while. Pipe cleaners would have been nice for the handles, but we didn't have any, so straws substituted. We also have lots of beads, stickers, cardboard, etc., sooooo here they are:

Here is Jackson making his "cool face".

At the beginning of the year we had to start paying for some of our health insurance. Then they cut some of Ralph's overtime. Then this week, they cut the rest of the overtime. So, guess we will be tightening our belts around here a little more. That's ok, God always supplies. :-)
~
I talked to Ralph's mom yesterday and she is still waking up in the morning a little confused as to where she is. Please keep praying for that to go away and for her to completly recover. It's going a little slow. It will just break her heart if she isn't able to return to work. That's all she thinks about is how soon she can go back to her job and "her" kids. (She runs a highschool student store, which is an offshoot of the cafeteria, and she has student helpers.) She's been doing it for almost 40 years and she has no intention of stopping.
~
Well, we're off to Cara's orthodontist (the one I never wanted to see again thanks to Jackson). I have to not only see him but talk to him about Cara's retainer. Her's snapped in half and it is going to be $240 for a new one, and I just think that thing was flimsy to break so easy, so I want to have a little talk about how I don't think we should have to pay for a new one (which I don't really think will get me anywhere), and also about getting one that is a little sturdier this time.
~
That's all the news around here for now.

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1