Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not much to update yet

I haven't gotten any updates about Ralph's mom today yet. Ralph said he would call me as soon as he heard from his sister, and I guess he hasn't heard anything yet.
I wanted to go down there, but Ralph keeps telling me to stay home for now, until she comes out of her stupor. He says the way she is (or at least was last night when he left her) she won't even know I'm there. She is truly in her own world. Some of the stuff she was saying, it's just so weird. She was seeing all kinds of things that weren't there, cooking breakfast for Ralph's dad (who died about 11 years ago), asking for people to hand her invisible pots, calling Ralph names when he wouldn't get her her bag so she could leave.....you name it. Sometimes she is calm and sometimes she gets agitated, and she is constantly trying to get out of bed but she can't. So they have a male nurse just sitting there and when she tries to get up, he tells her, "You can't get up now." I just pray she got some rest last night and she comes out of this soon. They say the anesthesia or the pain meds can do this in elderly patients and it usually goes away. I hate that word usually though, because what does that mean? Sometimes it doesn't?
They were supposed to take her at 8:00 last night for a cat scan and hip x-ray and then move her to another room where she is supposed to be watched at all times. But I haven't heard anything at all about that.
So I'm just sitting here waiting for a call. I can't call Ralph's sister because I don't know her cell phone number and so I wait.

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1