Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

Wow, what a crazy weeks it's been. On Thursday, Gerda took another turn for the worse and had a terrible night so Ralph took Friday off of work to spend with her. Then today Ralph and I went down to see her and she was really doing good today. I think she is really on the mend now. I never really knew what terrible things anesthesia could do to a person's mind. We took her Cake Balls (see below) which she loved, and she was her own usual self the whole time we were there, so we just pray there are no relapses tonight, as night is when it gets worse. But Ralph says this was definately her best day, so praise God!!
In other news, last night we were supposed to go to a Valentines Banquet at church. The older kids were going to serve tables, the little ones were gonna be hanging out with a youth volunteer babysitter, and Ralph and I, of course, were going to be at the dinner. But...well, the power was out all day and the snow kept falling, and so it was cancelled. But no matter, we had our own little Valentines Banquet right here in the Houseful of Blessings. We had Papa Murpheys pizza, and these little treats the kids and I made together called Cake Balls. They are like little tiny balls of cake dipped in chocolate. We dipped half in white chocolate and half in milk chocolate. And Daddy bought the kids all some M&Ms and he bought me a cute little valentine basket. We bought Daddy some white chocolate and this shirt that has Grumpy from the Seven Dwarves on it and it says "Does this shirt make me look grumpy?" I don't know, for some reason we thought it was "him".........






Oh, and even though the power came back on, we ate by candle light. The guys just don't get the candle light thing ("Why are we eating in the dark when we have perfectly good power?"), but they have to humor us girls once in a while. :-)

So that's all for now. I have to get some little ones tucked into bed.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Awww that looks like it was fun! I love love love the red and the candles nice touch!

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1