Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Last night

Ralph has been having plugged up ears on and off for a few weeks now. It started about the time we had the flu. Last night he went to bed and after a while got really dizzy. So dizzy that he could hardly walk. Then he got sick, and lost his dinner (and probably his lunch too, and also the cookies he ate for dessert). He was so dizzy and so sick that I was kinda scared. I have never seen him that sick. We decided to go to emergency. We figured maybe it was an inner ear infection and that he could get some medicine for it and be done with it. Well, it ended up to be vertigo. Probably caused by the virus we had. But it could be caused by something else (but I don't think so), and sooooo the not so nice emergency room doctor felt obligated to turn Ralph in to the DMV. So now he can't drive until he gets a release. We have an appointment with a doctor today and we are just praying that he gets the release so he can drive to work. He commutes and I don't know what we'll do if he can't drive. I guess I will have to drive him, but it will surely be a hardship. So we are just praying for a release. He seems fine now, except really tired since we didn't get home til about 12:30 am. Oh, I dislike emergency rooms. Next to us was a 92 year old lady who just really wanted out of there. I think she was having a breathing treatment. And then across the hall, there was a lady who must have fallen. I think she was having x-rays and, oh, the pain she was in. It just made me sad and upset because my dear mother is in the same pain right now and had to have those same xrays --twice. She fell last Sunday night and has a long recovery ahead of her. So we are all so praying for her healing and recovery, and also just for God to bless her spirits. She is so used to doing for others, and now she will have to let others help her for a while. Even in her pain, she is thinking of others, with her servant's heart. So that is the latest around here.
Today I'm praying for Ralph to get his release that he needs to get to work, my mom's healing and relief for her pain, and if Ralph can't drive yet, for me to be able to drive our friend Joy to the airport tomorrow without being scared (I get nervous on the freeway). God is in control and He loves us and I'm trusting these things to Him.
Today I'm thankful for:
Joy's visit from Alabama (which is going by too fast),
all things chocolate, and
Scott and Lynn's upcoming move, which is such a blessing because we will get to see them alot more, and also, they will be near my parents, who may need their help in these next few months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Megan, I feel so badly you have to take Joy to the airport now. I am sure you'all will be glad when all this is over for you. My mom had that once and she was mad at the diagnosis too, I forget why?? It is not good to have that for things like driving. I will pray Ralph gets released soon. When do you go and find out?? I am so thankful you had Joy this week, we have missed her soo much, but I also know she has had so much fun. I remember it was a daily wish of everyone to see the "Schows" and now she has seen the Schows. I will look forward to all the stories she has for us to hear. Say hello to Jackson as he said hello to me too. Keep me posted. I love looking for news and the pics too.

Megan said...

Hey Teri (otherwise known as anonymous), just an update. We went to see Dr. Faryan and he thinks it was because of the virus he had and sinus pressure and probably an ear infection too, and that is what he thinks caused it. He gave him a release for driving! So praise God! Things are ok and he can get to work. We may hear from the DMV at some point, but we have a paper from him saying it's fine to drive. So he's driving. :-)
Where did this week go? Can Joy be leaving tomorrow already?
There's more news on my mom. It only gets worse. Now they find out she has a broken back too. I need to talk to my dad to find out all the details. Oh, I am so sad for her.

Anonymous said...

oh no!, I know she can recover, but it is always better not to have broken your back. How awful over running a little to help someone. I am up soooo early, think I am exicted to see Joy and Stewart is at the airport dropping off Jim. He is headed again to Miami and staying only a week this time He is 23 now. Kind of wierd. Joy comes in the airport tonight and we are all excited to see her. Keep me updated about your mom. I am so glad Scott and Lynn are closer, you can all help more that way. Maybe her church would bring meals for a couple of weeks, that helped us sooooo much. Bye for now. Thanks for having Joy, hope it was more fun than trouble.
T

Megan said...

Joy was no trouble at all. She is still the sweet girl I remember, only a little older. I hope all the drama here didn't stop her from having a little fun. Your house will be so quiet to her after Jackson and Rebecca following her around all week driving her nuts. It really went by fast. Everyone is up and getting ready to go, we will leave here at 8 to get there in plenty of time. We also have to go a different way than we picked her up because a section of I-5 is closed for like the next 10 days because they are fixing it. Well, I better go and get myself ready and throw some cereal at them. :-)

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1