Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wow, I'm 40!

So, today I'm officially OLD. At least that's what my kids say. Actually, according to Cara, I was old about 10 years ago, but anyway.......I had a good day. My sweet husband took me shopping and look what he bought me!

Yeah, I'm like that; give me pots, dirt, and veggies to plant, and I'm a happy girl. I gave up on the whole garden thing, because even though it's fenced, the deer always seem to get in (usually because the kids leave the gate open, but sometimes because the deer jump in), and it got depressing. So this year I thought maybe I would just do some stuff up on our deck and just maybe if we are lucky, and we keep the gates closed, the deer will stay off of the deck. It's worth a try.....


Ralph (the master barbecuer) barbecued some london broil for dinner, and the kids gave me money for Ralph and I to go out for a nice dinner, and of course the older kids will babysit. Then we all ate cake and watched a movie together. So, that was my birthday.

I also have some birthday money from my parents, and I may just buy more pots and plants, maybe actually some flowers to make my girls happy. :-) It's Spring, and I just have to plant stuff! I get that from my mom.

.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Naw, you'll never get 'old', Mom!
Just more experienced! :)

Now, Dad's old! :)

Anonymous said...

You're not old, Mommy! My mom is older then you! And Cara, dearest, watch it. My dad is older then yours....I think.

Cara said...

So?

Anonymous said...

rotten friend here, i remembered but too late and then forgot again!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday friend, you dont look a day over 22 when I met you. Hope you forgive me!!!!

Megan said...

There's nothing to forgive. You know how bad I am at remembering birthdays, since I have forgotten yours more than once.
I miss you every day and wish Alabama didn't have to be so far away.

Anonymous said...

I DID think of you but then forgot, is this all about age?? I am hitting 52 this year and so it is nice to forget the birthdays and if we are thinking of our bestest friend, just say soooo. Hope you are well today, we heard about the heat, global warming?? LOL Teri

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1