Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Fun-filled Easter weekend

The fun started last Friday when sis-in-love, Lynn, came up for a tea party. Now, when we have a tea party, it takes two days to get ready and everyone works hard to get it all done. But it's worth it to bless the guest of honor, in this case, Aunty Lynn.



So then after that, Aunty Lynn gave a couple of haircuts to transform some already pretty girls into even prettier girls......

Saturday morning we colored eggs, and then had egg hunts in the house. It was really muddy outside and the kids preferred to do it in the house anyway.

Then Sunday was Resurrection Sunday!! The day we get to celebrate that Jesus died for us and more importantly rose from the dead. The morning started with Easter baskets, then homemade cinnamon rolls, strawberries, and boiled eggs for breakfast.

Then we went to church where we had a great time worshiping the Lord, and next we were off to visit with my family. This year a sweet friend of my parents, Flo, invited our whole family (us, my parents, brothers and sisters and their families) to her house for a huge meal and fun times. She had hidden lots of eggs for the kids to hunt, tons of food to eat, and of course we got to visit with family, and did I mention eat lots of food? (I was so busy visiting, I didn't get any good pictures, but I'm sure I've got enough pictures in this post already. :-)

So that's what we've been up to. Today is back to school and it's been a bit rough concentrating today after a week off (and I'm sure all that sugar yesterday isn't helping the brains much either). But we'll get back into the swing of things in a day or two.

He is risen!

He is risen indeed!

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1