Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Lots of stuff, and Happy Birthday to Danny

Life has been crazy busy. Let's see, last Friday we went to the H's house and had a great time as usual. Here are some of the goofy kids dressed up:
Saturday we decided to be crazy and drive all the way to Yosemite for a picnic. Really. We're impulsive like that some times. :-)
This whole week has been focused on getting carpet (our free pretty much brand new carpet from my brother's house) laid in the bedrooms. First of course we had to get everything out of those crowded bedrooms. So that took Monday - Wednesday, then Thursday they laid the carpet, and in the afternoon and all day today we put everything back. Danny took every single bed apart and he and Nick did most of the heavy stuff. The girls and littles and I did all the smaller stuff and sorted and hauled away stuff, etc. The girls and I also sponge painted their room on Wednesday, which ended up looking like this: (By the way, if you click on the above picture, it will enlarge, and you can see some horses Samantha drew. Pretty good, huh? I'm impressed because I can't even draw a stick figure right.)
:-)

Sooooo life has been crazy busy. It will be actually nice to get back to school next week, and be on a schedule, and stay home more. This has been a very busy summer! But it's very nice to have pretty, new carpet and clean decluttered (as much as possible with 9 people in the house) bedrooms. Yea!
And today my baby boy, my first born, is 20! We had pizza with Colette, and then the kids played games, and then we had cake and ice cream, and now they are playing games again. I love how the big kids aren't too cool to hang out with the younger ones.
So that's why I haven't blogged in a while, and why I haven't hardly even sat down for days, and now I can relax and breathe a little. Tomorrow some of the bigger ones and Ralph are going to a karate tournament. I think Danny has entered 3 or 4 events again. I, on the other hand, am gonna stay home, be lazy, watch tv, and eat bonbons........
Yeah, sure I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the pictures! They make me laugh :)

Colette

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1