Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yes, we're still alive, just busy

Last Wednesday night was the Awana Grand Prix. The Schow clan ended up taking 3 trophies home. Samantha got 3rd place for speed in her division, Nick got 3rd place for design in his division, and Rebecca got 1st place! for designing her "Daddy's nap" car. Here are some not great pictures of the masterpieces. My camera isn't taking good pictures lately, and I know it's something I messed up in the settings, but do you think I have taken the time to read the manual and figure out the problem? Obviously not looking at these pictures. But here goes anyway:
Cara's Flying Rooster
Nick's Sea Monster
Samantha's American Flag car
Joey's race car
Rebecca's "Daddy's Nap" bed

Today we went to the local park after lunch. The bigger kids played some tennis (they may not play so well, but it's really good entertainment-hehe), and the little ones played in the playground. Jackson has discovered the really high slide. The one that if he fell from the top he would most certainly break bones.........But he does really well and Mommy just has to be quiet and let him be a big boy and do it....

In case anyone is wondering, Thanksgiving is 6 days away and Christmas less than 5 weeks! I have been busy with some Christmas surprises that I can't mention here, and I love it! Christmas is my favorite time of year. What's not to love? I get to spend time with my kids baking cookies, decorating gingerbread men, making candies, listening to Christmas music, taking a little time off of school, decorating.......ok, you get the picture. We just have alot of fun around here this time of year. And if I throw myself into Christmas, I don't have time to think about what January may bring.....(But I know God is still God and He has things all under control, so that's all I need to know for now.)

Gotta go for now.

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1