Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I sit here in my quiet house, with my dear husband and seven blessings tucked into bed after a day of Thanksgiving. And I think of all the things I have to be thankful for. I am thankful for this wonderful day, spent in Elk Grove with most of my family (about 34 people in all!). We had more food than we could eat--turkey, ham, 3 types of potatoes, green beans, jello salad, rolls, etc. , 20 bazillion pies, all kinds of chips and dips and candies. There was laughing, hugging, lots of eating, a little football watching, playing on the Wi, pingpong in the garage. Just a wonderful day with a wonderful family that God has given to me. I took not one single picture, but hopefully sis-in-love Lynn will email me a few........
So yeah, there is so much I have to be thankful for. I have a healthy family, a Christian husband who works so hard for us, children who love the Lord, sweet hugs and snuggles every day, plenty of food, clothes to wear, a bed to lay down in at night, a car to drive where I want/need to go. As if that wasn't enough, I have a closet full of Christmas surprises just waiting to be wrapped, and CHRISTMAS IS COMING! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! So tonight I don't worry about the state of the country, or what may happen next year or next month or tomorrow. I just thank my Heavenly Father for His sweet blessings and the sweetest gift he gave us, salvation.
~
Psalm 107:1
O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
~
Psalm 100
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1