Welcome

Hi,
I'm Megan, wife to Ralph, homeschooling mom to 7 blessings from the Lord. I just blog about our everyday life as we try to live for and follow Jesus.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Traditions live on

Yesterday Ralph took off work and we went on our almost annual trek to Apple Hill to get our Christmas tree. (We have missed a few years but not very many at all because the kids all cry and whine if we even suggest changing tradition...and maybe Ralph and I love it too). Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, we met Danny in Jackson after his Friday morning class, and headed up for the traditional Carl's Jr. lunch. Then off to the tree farms. We actually stopped at a new place this year, but no, we had to move on to the only place we get our tree every year, Indian Rock Tree Farm. Excuse these dumb pictures....Of course, after we secure the tree, we have to go to High Hill Ranch to get cider samples, browse the hoohaws, and buy some apple cider and apples to take home. And I even got part of my dad's Christmas present there, but I can't talk about that cause he might read it and that would spoil the surprise and all....
After that we walk on over to the Fudge Factory where Ralph always buys everyone one small treat and this year Danny bought everyone caramel apples. And Jackson got a tractor ride while we were at it.
After that, it was time to head on home to get the tree up and decorated. Ralph just loves to put the lights on.......ok, so he really hates it but does it to please me.........and then with his part done, the kids and I do the rest. And here is the finished tree. I'm telling ya, it's the best Christmas tree EVER! I'm just so overflowing with thanksgiving to God that he once again provided the means to have such a memory filled day with my family. I don't take that for granted. God is just so good.

No comments:

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1